Thursday 16 May 2013

A thought!



Most woman in a relationship often suggest that they are right in every way and unfortunately a few men stands up to this. Before I carry on, I am not stereo typing anyone, neither man or woman. I believe it does happen, you do get relationships where the man or the woman just bows down and believes everything that is said as the truth. We all know a relationship should be, equal in all aspects but:

1) We watch movies and yes I know, I enjoy it to. We focus on what is being said, for example by the female lead and her attitude towards the male lead whether they are married, getting married, broken up or still in love as boyfriend and girlfriend. Not only does our eyes see but our minds take it in. To be a better mother my husband has to or I have to, or she needs to stop doing this and believe that it is not good for us.

2)We see it on infomercials, perfect families eating supper together laughing away or kids playing in the mud outside. What happens, one or the other is handed a suggestion without a choice that supper needs to be a family thing because, or the kids that are studying must play outside more so maybe it is time you get us a pool. 

3) Books on how to, yes the author might be right in many ways but what if the "Take Control" chapter is a bit extreme or totally puts you on another path. Our eyes takes it in and our mind listens, what can I do to change this better?

4)Asking for advice from a friend, i am not familiar with this situation but I believe no matter how good your relationship is don't ask for how to or what can I do advice. You don't want to thank the person later on for their great but wrong advice. 

5) Communication. It is important to talk always. If one has something that they feel needs a tweak or change don't hold it in to start throwing hints further along as you are not comfortable asking or talking about it anymore. In other words before it does become a skeleton bring it back to life. Discuss and reach a compromise. 

But hey, I am no relationship guru or adviser. These are my thoughts and how I see it. I believe one should never think you are always right. It is normal what I mentioned above but you will never be that someone else who takes the ultimate control or change a household or relationship that has been working for such a long time. Love what you have and if a change needs to be made, talk about it instead of insisting that your choice is the right one. Love what you have, in the end that is the most important part!

3 comments:

  1. So true, so true! thank you. (ps, am still working out how to follow the instructions for the Sunshine Award. It has been one of those 24 hours!!) All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I believe good communication between the couple is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with the communication point. I've been in an awesome relationship for nearly 2 years and the main reason is because we talk about dang near everything.

    ReplyDelete