Wednesday 15 May 2013

The Sunshine Award



I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Award by Vashti Q-Vega which is a great honor. She is a writer with a deep emotional attachment to her writing and the meaning that lies within her words. You can find out about her and her upcoming book The Basement, that will be available soon,a definite must read. Do yourself a favor and look at her Facebook Page that is sure to capture your attention.

Like all awards there are some rules we need to adhere to, find it below.
1. Post the Sunshine Award logo.
2.Nominate ten of your favorite blogs, the ones that you can't wait to read. Announce the news on their blog plus, link a pingback to the Nominator's Blog. Please also visit my nominators blog mentioned earlier to view the work of my fellow nominees', it will be worth it. 
3.Then there are some questions to get to know each other and I am looking forward to seeing and learning more about you. For you to get to know me better read on. 

My favorite season: I am always uncertain. I like summer because we can swim and relax in the sun, then I love winter because I can snuggle and cuddle, have the cats to keep us warm. In the end we will settle on them both. 

My favorite things: My number one on the list must be jelly beans. I used to be in the chocolate group but somehow I detoxed and got out of it. I also like soup, another thing in winter that makes me all contempt and warm inside. I like Ice cream in summer not those ones without the chocolate, it must have chocolate and that is where my chocolate detox is currently sitting at. I love my writing, my art and thinking..my brain does all that but I usually require coffee with all of those. I can't start any day without coffee, the more coffee, the more human I become. 

What I love the most: My partner, our two cats and the lady of a dog called Onyx. I care and love my Gran deeply who raised me and through everything got me to where I am today. My family who is supportive and caring and is there for each other always, who accepted me for who I am and not for who they want me to be. 

My weekends: We do and then we don't do but the one thing that switches off on a Friday is my ability to make decisions, like what to watch, what to eat. So over a weekend unless we are going out it is normally a case of...you know what I mean, I can't decide.

What I don't like: Chaos around me, if there are stuff that is lying around everywhere and all my can see is chaos, my mind is already on the ignore or create order stage. I am not extreme but I like to have things under control when and if possible. 

What I have accomplished: I feel one must always look at everything as a learning curve. I am currently in the process of publishing my second novella,  i am not Stephen King, I am just happy that I can share something within me with someone else. 

Last but not least: Friends should stick together and be there for each other even when times get tough. I have always stuck to this and I still do. A good friend is a treasure that must not be lost. 

My nominees:

3 comments:

  1. Hi J.R! Congratulations! You are most deserving of this award. Thank you for the awesome shout-out! Your answers are so honest and sweet. I love jelly beans too! Like you, I can't stand chaos around me, it perturbs my mind. Thank you for accepting the Sunshine Award. Great nominees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the nomination! I've been enjoying your work. You definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi J.R,
    Congrats on the Award and I thank you for nominating me as well. I have just completed my post. Please view at http://mentalillnessandchristianfaith.blogspot.ca/. This will help you to get to know me a little. Sorry it took so long. Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete