Tuesday 21 May 2013

Break a leg!

I recently saw the preview of Marvels new series S.H.I.E.L.D which will be coming to your screens late fall, we normally have to wait for stuff. The preview on Youtube was excellent and it looks like there is quite some interesting things to come, but I am not here to talk about that.


I woke up feeling stressed today because there is just so much happening at the moment that I do not always know how to place everything in folders from A-Z. But it got me thinking what if the world of television and movies started creating stories that would be interesting and that motivates at the same time. I know there are many such movies out there but I am referring to all the little stuff that becomes so big within our minds if we allow it. I have never done a screenplay before so I did a very small one to explain a different path.


EXT. WOODS. NIGHT

The wind was raging through the trees, rain pouring down as JESSICA ran towards the house slamming the door behind her.

INT. HOUSE. NIGHT

There was silence in the living room as the others looked at JESSICA soaking wet and shivering from shock.

MATT

What is going on? Are you alright?

STACY

It looks like you've seen a ghost.

JESSICA

We have to leave, now!

MATT

Tell us what is wrong?

JESSICA

I told both of you it was a bad idea and now it is after us.

MATT

JESSICA what are you talking about?

STACY

Are u referring to the Cave JESSICA, the cave with the bones? Oh you can be so silly sometimes. I think I am calling it a night  guys.

JESSICA

We did something, there is something out there, stuff that are not meant to be real. You have to believe me.

MATT

It is raining Jess, it is dark. Maybe it's just your imagination playing tricks on you.

JESSICA

There was a boy running through the forest, he looked like he jumped out of a fairy tale with leaves covering his body but I ignored it until I heard an old woman calling out for Snow White. Once again I thought it was just children playing, but then hiding within a stack of trees I saw the beast, a man like beast, half human, half animal.

MATT

JESSICA listen to me whatever you saw cant be real. Like you said it was most probably just children messing around. I think we all just need a good nights sleep.

STACY

Agree, so that some of us don't see something out of Peter Pan, the witch from snow white and the beast without his beauty.

INT.UPSTAIRS. NIGHT

Lightning flashed through the windows, small branches from nearby trees scratching against them. A slow knock on the door startled JESSICA and the others.

MATT

Who on earth could that be this time of the night?

WOLF

Let me in, let me in little friends or I will huff and puff and blow your house down.

STACY

Oh you've got to be freaking kidding me. 

MATT

Stop with your jokes and go home. Mommy is probably worried about you as it's way past your bedtime.

JESSICA

We should have left that cave alone. 

So this is what I came up with, silly I know, but this is before all the death scenes and stuff. What will come out at the end of this is focused on the paths that are chosen. Do you go looking around a cave that clearly says DO NOT ENTER. You always have a choice but normally our curiosity gets the better of us so we do go looking and sometimes we create problems and issues in our lives that aren't real. Like stress, what would a movie about stress be about...a stress monster that is destroying the world and it is up to the S.T.R.E.S.S.E.D team to deliver stress balls to everyone on the planet. If no one squeezes anymore, it is over. 

I know this is all so far fetched that it sounds ridiculous, I know that too but wouldn't it be nice to put the movie in and watch the stress team in action, how they defeat the bad guy once and for all. Is that not better than chocolates ad cookies or coffee and ice cream, cigarettes, alcohol and all the other bad habits we use to sooth the stress within us. I think so. 

I hope this makes at least a little sense as it does within this mind of mine. I know life is a stage, today I have broken my leg, allowed the fat lady to sing and watched the curtains fall. Luckily I have my stress ball. 


No comments:

Post a Comment