Friday 17 May 2013

Friday Espresso

You know that feeling when you wake up in the middle of the night from a horrible nightmare, well that is the same feeling that gets to me on a Friday morning. I sit up, hands in my hair thinking, oh my soul when will this ever stop! Only around twelve it hits me that it is almost over, that I can start to relax from all the writing just a little knowing that the deadlines will still be there and so much closer on a Monday

It got me thinking this morning, If I could be anywhere and everywhere over a weekend what would be fun to do? Maybe you agree with some or have some of your own.



Visit Disneyland, such a place does not exist this side of the world, closest to it is Ratanga Junction and Gold Reef City in Johannesburg. I have heard people say that some are better than others so that is where we shall be, just having a good day. 
PS: I can't stand heights, so anything that swirls and turns high in the sky, no thanks. 

Visit the London Eye: I have always wanted to go there, a view that can take your breath away, something you could easily write about and share. This is better than being thrown from side to side, it just gently goes round and round unless it breaks, then you will see claustrophobia come to life. Screaming child x 1000!

Go to the beach: Once again we are City people, no beaches around here. We do have awesome beaches in South Africa, Durban, Cape Town etc. but just once I would like to visit one with white sand and clear blue water, just to see what makes it more special.  

Attend a red carpet event: Okay, this one is a little far fetched but I would like to see some of the celebrities and help them improve a little by offering good advice and join them for dinners, parties and events. Also get to visit one of their Cribs, choosing in which of the MANY rooms we will sleep...dreams, dreams, dreams.

Meet some of you from all round: Yup I would easily dedicate a weekend travelling around to coffee shops, I don't mind coffee besides it will just give me energy and keep me going to talk and learn and more. 

Visit a Haunted House: Not a mental hospital or an old hotel, just a small house where the doors move every now and again, actually even then I might be freaked out so this one is a maybe. 

Whatever you wish, you can do, don't stop wishing yet, I mean there is always birthdays and Christmas and fathers day and all the rest...and if none of those help to get you anywhere get creative. Put some hair coloring in your better half's shampoo, call him in the middle of the night and whisper the places name, quit making supper...maybe not so mean but sometimes it is necessary. :-)

And that is a wrap on your Friday Espresso edition!

2 comments:

  1. Skip Disneyland. I'm one of the few that couldn't stand the place. We went with our kids in 100 degree weather, we went on one ride that nearly scared the pants off me and traumatized my 7 year old, so luckily we could leave the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit Miami, Florida! The days are sunny and warm. We have great beaches and plenty of awesome places to go. You can go down to the Keys and visit a haunted house, or go north to Orlando and visit Disney World, which is much better than Disney Land. And for the best part of all...wait for it!
    You'll get to meet me! Yay! :D What do you say? Haha!

    ReplyDelete