Saturday 4 May 2013

Saturday, to do or not to do?

This morning I had my coffee and dragged myself out of bed for a normal Saturday, one of work and work and work. We get those weekends where we can just go out and do what we would like to do. There are some other things we have not tried yet so I went and looked up some activities for a Saturday  claiming there are 25 things to do and along with it my view...



In the range of 10-15% Karaoke: This is fun and all but the only way you will get me up there is if I am way above the legal alcohol limit. When I was younger I believed I could sing and sounded cool and was on the way to my first album. The truth, some think they can still sing. We did go once to a karaoke bar and yes after "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce was over, sang by two men, that was it for me. It is nice to watch that I can agree on.

In the range of 15-25% Catch a late night movie: I must say this is something we like to do every so often, but I must also admit that sometimes we say and don't do. We like watching all our programs in the comfort of our home during weekends so in the end we beat ourselves over the head because in the end we have to wait for it to come out on blue ray before we can see the movie we wanted to see.

In the range of 25-60% Hang out with chocolate: Everywhere, if you look around you will find the temptation of of small little fudge and home made chocolate shops. In the window you see these pretty shiny balls of chocolate going round and round luring you in. You decide to buy just three, just to enjoy. As you walk in you notice more and more chocolate...This has happened to me before, buying more than you expect       so instead of passing around there we take the long way around. But I would say don't try it but who on earth could resist chocolate?

In the range of 60-80% Go the craft shop route. Many craft shops these days offer a lot of activities, from painting pottery to making beads. In the beginning it is fun, in the middle it is fun and soon it becomes a Saturday have to. You make beads for friends and co-workers, paint pottery for all those plants you are going to buy. This is something we have not done but is something nice to do with the kids and your husband who will protest a few times before he joins, even if it is only once a month. This I believe is fun but I believe it falls in the same category as scrap booking, you create that monster, you live with that monster.

In the range of 80-100% Enjoy a meal This is for anyone, there is nothing more special than doing something plain with a little bit of specialty on a Saturday night. In a restaurant relaxing with a glass of wine or at home sitting outside enjoying the evening breeze. However, whichever way you do it, it is still special when it comes to friends and family and being together.

So my coffee is finished and I better get going. Whatever you choose to do for today, just appreciate what you have, the fact that you can get silly or just indulge yourself in chocolate. When the movie ends and you get home you will realize and be grateful for what you have.


1 comment: